Certified Specialist SBA
The world we live in is becoming increasingly complex, as are the legal issues to be dealt with. In order to cope with this change, lawyers need to specialise in order to respond more quickly and effectively to their clients' needs.
The Swiss Bar Association (SBA) now certifies lawyers who have undergone a solid and identical training throughout the country with the introduction of the title "Certified Specialist SBA".
The title of "Certified Specialist SBA" is a label of quality that guarantees that legal advice will be provided by a specialist and can, to some extent, be compared to the title of "Specialist Doctor FMH". Specialist lawyers are, in this sense, lawyers who have particularly extensive experience in one or more areas of law, and who have subsequently undergone intensive training and certification by the SBA. Furthermore, in order to be allowed to maintain their title, specialist lawyers must continually update their knowledge through training courses.
Nevertheless, the specialist lawyer continues to carry out mandates that are not specific to his or her specialisation in other, more general areas of law. Indeed, a lawyer's specialisation in a particular area does not affect his or her experience and expertise in other areas of law, so that specialist lawyers continue to be able to advise clients effectively in all areas of law.
The SBA Certified Specialists in our firm are:
- Mr. Luke H. Gillon is a Certified Specialist SBA in Labour Law.
- Me Pierre Perritaz is a Certified Specialist SBA in construction and real estate law.
- Me Alexis Overney is a Certified Specialist SBA in civil liability (torts) and insurance Law.
- Mr. Christian Favre is a Certified Specialist SBA in Labour Law and a Certified Specialist SBA in Criminal Law.
- Me Trevor J. Purdie is a Certified Specialist SBA in Labour Law.
For more information, visit the website of the Swiss Bar Association